If you are looking to start your artistic journey, our talented member, Sandra Nass Misiak, presents a series of helpful tips to novices in the art world. The videos cover a variety of topics that are both informative and practical.
To view these videos, please purchase one for $10.00 or pay $50.00 for the entire series.
The password to watch the video will be emailed to you after your payment is received.
Your contribution supports the Niagara Pumphouse mission and provides opportunities for future programming. We appreciate your continued support and look forward to making it through this difficult time together!
Start learning today! Find out how you can watch by Clicking Here
1. Preparing Painting Surfaces in Gesso - How to prepare various painting surfaces for your artwork : FREE to watch (enter password Free1 on screen below or click here to view on Facebook)
2. Rembrandt Lighting - Discovering the concept of chiaroscuro lighting and how this will add drama and "pop" to your painting
3. Five Values in a Sphere - Demonstration in charcoal/soft pencil - why practicing spheres is important
4. Introduction to Acrylic Paints - How do we keep our paints wet and brush-care
5. Colour Study & Toning Your Canvas - Colour study for a simple apple painting
6. "Same Size" Sketch of Apple - Sketching and transferring the drawing onto canvas
7. Demonstration - Painting an Apple - 1. the preliminary under painting stage (using information from all Beginner Tips Videos)
8. Demonstration - Painting an Apple - 2. completing our final painting (using information from all Beginner Tips Videos)
***Download the recommended materials list below
About the Instructor: Sandra Nass Misiak