The Artist’s Way is a creative course for every adult who feels creatively “blocked”. It doesn’t matter if you write, sew, paint, draw, take photographs, or are searching for a new creative outlet for the first time ~ you are invited to join! This book has been recognized as one of the top 100 best self-help books of all time. It is a book on overcoming “blocks”, creative recovery, and inspiration.
The program will be facilitated by Sandy Nass Misiak. Sandy has led 3 different Artist's Way groups or “creative clusters” over the past 15 years.
By email only: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and phone number; an office staff will get back to you to complete the registration
Class limit: 8 participants.
Cost: $95 for non-members; $85 for members (Non-refundable)
Fee INCLUDES price of book; expect the book to be delivered to you in May prior to the start of the program
Deadline to Register: May 20, 2020
(1) Computer or mobile device with an active SKYPE account, camera & microphone
(2) An active SKYPE account (set-up required prior to the first meeting)
How to get the most out of the journey & discussions
This is not a “read & discuss” type of book club. It requires hands-on, exploration activities/exercises each week. As a participant in the club, make the experience worthwhile by committing to the following:
(1) Read one chapter per week.
(2) Complete 1-2 of the tasks at the end of each chapter each week.
(3) Write 'Morning pages’, otherwise known as daily journaling.
(4) Take yourself on a creative “PLAY” date, referred to as 'Artist Dates' once per week (a time to be playful or to try something new!).
(5) Attend the weekly SKYPE video-conferencing meetings. The role of the facilitator is not to TEACH but to facilitate and guide the discussion. Note that the creative journey will be unique for each individual.
“Serious art is born from serious play”
-Julia Cameron, Author of the Artist's Way